Sunday 10 May 2009

Digital Scrapbook Place - NKOTB Round 2

For this week's round of the contest,we were given a kit to use and we could one additional extra. We told to try and use the Rules of Thirds on our layout and to either use sketch from the DSP gallery of sketches or to scraplift a layout from one of the galleries.
I have used elements from the chosen Sweet Pollyanna kit and have added an grungy overlay by Tina Chambers which I have used the Overlay blending mode on.
My main photo is the width of the layout and I have taken the opacity down to 62% to make it blend with the paper and I have feathered the edges to take away any harsh edges.
I have then added three smaller photos to the frames and I have one of them flipped horizontally. I have applied the Inner Glow and Small Noisy Border effects to the titles to make them look floury to match in with the cooking theme.
The ribbon and eyelet I have cut up and made as separate embellishments and also with the flowers - I think this them look like they have been cut out like using a cookie cutter that we made the cookies with.
Sweet Pollyanna Kit by Erica Belton http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.c...oducts_id=8774/
Darn Dirty Overlay by Tina Chambers http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=281185 as my extra

6 comments:

  1. Great LO Claire, love the ribbon in and out of the eyelets, and the stitching on the note paper, great photo of Zoe it has a lovely soft feel to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous and I can't think of anything to enhance it looks really good to me as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, so much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, love the blending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haven't spotted this yet over at DSP, but it's GORGEOUS!!! LOVE how you've feathered the edges of the photo - you must tell me how to do that one day (please!!!!):D Bernie x

    ReplyDelete